- Do not carry a balance; you do not have to carry a balance to build your credit score
- Know your card’s limit; using too much credit each month can lower your score
- Opt out of being allowed to go over your limit; over the limit fees run an average $40.00 per charge
- Do not use your credit card for cash advances; credit cards should be used as a convenience, not a loan
- Know when you payment is due; if you’re mailing your payment be sure you allow enough time for the payment to get to the card company
- Arrange payment due dates to coincide with your pay dates and make sure all your payments are not all due on one date
- Ask to have late fee waived; if you normally make your payment on time, most card companies will waive a fee in a given time frame
If you would like more information or to set up an appointment with one of our certified counselors, please give Consumer Credit Counseling Service a call at 937-643-2227 or 800-377-2432. We are here to help!